Tips to help Travelers visiting Colorado
- Dress in layer (weather changes dramatically)
- Be aware of altitude sickness; drink lots of water, limit alcohol drinking for the first 2 days, and get plenty of rest.
- Watch for Weather Storm Warnings and road conditions ( if plan on driving a rental car)
- After arriving at the Denver International Airport know your destination; How many ground transportation miles do I have to travel still? (Mountain Ski Resorts average 100 to 175 mi. from DIA) A long drive after flying for 2 plus hours.
- Car rentals DO NOT have tire chains (I-70 and the Loveland Pass have restricted winter driving and may require tire chains by Law)
- It is advised to pre arrange your Denver airport transportation during the winter months (Limo's and Shuttle Companies will not take additional passengers in a Winter Storm and Taxi's will be restricted to the Downtown areas only).
- Mountain Travelers; Ski resorts and Mountain Communities have in town shuttles and Alpine Taxi's for town to town transportation .
- GO GREEN leave less of a carbon footprint; Please try to eliminate personal vehicles and rental cars up the Mountain. Because of the limited mountain roads and terrain Colorado Mountain communities ASK that you select from the many services to travel up the mountain.
Compliments of Colorado Airport Transportation,LLC